All third country nationals who are subject to visa obligation to enter in Schengen States1 are required to present themselves personally at the Embassy or Consulate of the destination country or, in case of more than one country visited, to the one of first entrance.
Croatian citizens do not need a visa to enter in Schengen States for short stays (maximum of 90 days per 180 day period).
To apply for Schengen Visa, applicants must fill-in and personally sign the common visa application form accompanied by the following documentation:
- A passport valid at least three months beyond the expiry date of the visa requested;
- Two recent passport photos;
- Travel insurance of at least 30.000,00€, valid for all Schengen States and covering emergency medical care and possible expenses in case of repatriation for medical reasons;
- Proof of economic means of support to cover the stay (e.g. credit cards, travellers’ cheques, cash in convertible currency, bank statements or payslips for the last 3 months);
- Proof of accommodation (e.g. hotel reservations, vouchers);
- Supporting documents regarding the purpose of visit (e.g. letter of invitation in case of participation in international meetings, seminars, sport events);
- Documentation regarding means of transportation and return to the country of origin/residence (e.g. return air-ticket, proof of personal transportation);
- Documentation proving the social-professional status of the applicant (proof of employment, study certificate, etc);
- Visa fee: 60 € or 35 € (reduced), to be paid upon application
(Note: If application for visa is rejected, this fee will not be reimbursed).
Please note that Embassy reserves the right to request additional documentation, as needed, for the visa application.
Detailed consular information is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia.
(1) Schengen countries: 22 EU member states (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden) + Iceland and Norway.